Product Marketing Manager – Duluth GA or Remote
AFS Technologies (AFS) the global provider of software and services purpose-built for consumer goods (CG) companies. We are committed to efficiencies in trade spend, retail execution and supply chain. With 30 years of experience, AFS serves more than 1,300 customers of all sizes, in more than 50 countries, with innovative and configurable solutions that are proven to optimize your potential with automated processes, improved productivity and rapid time to value.
To support the growth of the Planning BU TPM Retail by: (1) effectively communicating the portfolio of Trade Promotion Management/Optimization Consumer Packaged Goods Retail, industry solutions to likely users; and, (2) directly grow Planning BU TPM Retail business, by providing effective product marketing of the AFS TPM Retail application capabilities, value proposition, and competitive functional differentiation to AFS Technologies internal staff, CPG manufacturer clients, and business opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage the Planning Business Unit SAAS Software portfolio, product market messaging.
- Effectively manage the marketing outlet channels for market message distribution
- To provide a key link between AFS Corp Marketing, AFS Inside Sales, and the Planning BU Product Managers:
- Create marketing content for business development, derived from current product functionality, product value proposition, product differentiation, AFS Technologies market differentiation, and value proposition.
- Working closely with the Product Managers, to create product market messaging of new functionality or enhancements, and defining the period when to position, what user persona to position, and oversee the execution of deployment of messaging.
- Identify opportunities for product market messaging, when there are gaps in lead forecast to lead commitments.
- Evaluate lead actuals compared to content delivered during lead life cycle, identify and refine the content or content distribution channels to improve messaging and distribution.
- Understand and Deliver content: The product marketing role, should be taking what is in the published product roadmap, proactively working with the product manager to refine the details of what value prop the functionality is delivering. Understanding the user persona, the functionality is most impacting, and to sharpen the content for distribution.
- Create concise content messaging; The qualified candidate will need to understand the content, and how to deliver concise content messaging When communicating (oral/written) with a potential lead. The qualified candidate must fully understand, the leads pain points and needs.
- Proactive and Strategic distribution planning: In the role of Product Marketer role focusing on Lead Generation. The Product Market should be proactive to the Product Manager for points of content, for new avenues or opportunities for distribution, and avenues where our messaging can be channeled, timelines.
- Communicate, Define, Monitor: Effectively communicate the strategy plan for Product marketing message and distribution, to AFS Corporate Marketing and AFS Inside Sales who is responsible for deployment and execution of the messaging. Define to AFS Corporate Marketing and Inside sales the product marketing message, and monitor the results of the execution of the messaging. Must be a highly effective communicator, both verbal and written.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Keen understanding of the dynamics between Consumer Packaged Goods Retail Trade Promotion Management needs in the CPG Retail industry; i.e., manufacturers ® distributors ® Retailers ® consumers
- Software Product Marketing experience required
- Consumer Packaged Goods Retail Marketing experience required
- Consumer Packaged Goods Trade Marketing experience with a CPG manufacturer, preferred.
- The ability to effectively add value by providing consultative services in a matrixed team environment; i.e., the ability to gain results without line authority.
- High degree of flexibility in managing an ever-changing list of priorities
Degrees, Certificates and Experience:
Business degree with emphasis in marketing + 4 years’ experience in the foodservice industry.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to change, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason. This job description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
AFS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or disability.