Software Sales Engineer – Canton, MA
The world of Finance is going through Tectonic shifts. Today, every country in the world save one, the United States, operates on a common set of rules (IFRS) controlling how they recognize revenue and present the financial state of the business. The United States has been alone in its use of US GAAP, creating incredible complexity for global corporations and investors alike. On May 28th, 2014 a major step toward a common standard was achieved when FASB and the IASB released the final draft of revised regulation on Revenue Recognition bringing this part of US GAAP and IFRS together. The revised regulations will be a boon to clarify the financial performance of companies. The move to a subscription-based economy will benefit both corporations and their clients. However, both of these events carry significant complication and provide substantial compelling events to re-evaluate both systems and processes. SOFTRAX is positioned directly at the center of this activity and in an ideal position to maintain a high rate of growth. To maximize its growth potential, SOFTRAX seeks high-energy individuals to assist in all areas of the business. SOFTRAX provides competitive salaries and a menu of generous group benefits.
SOFTRAX is seeking a Software Sales Engineer to support the sales process in the Eastern part of the US. The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, team player with great listening and communication skills (both on-site and remote). The Sales Engineer will assist Sales Executives in the discovery process to determine the high level and detailed needs of the prospect and the supporting business case. The Sales Engineer will be responsible for assisting in all remaining phases of the cycle including demonstration of the software (including preparation), assistance with solution architecture including integration discussion, response to RFI and RFP and answers to technical questions as they arise. The ideal candidate will have experience and past success as a Sales Engineer as well as a background in finance (CPA credentials preferred but not required) and will be familiar with the technologies involved: web services, databases, UI’s.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn the Softrax solutions and value statement at a detailed level. Become a proficient user of the Softrax solutions.
- Play a strong listener role in discovery calls and meetings with the prospect to understand their driving requirements.
- Document requirements, business case, existing system information.
- Articulate the benefits of the Softrax solution against these requirements and discuss differentiation with other options on the market.
- Work with the Sales Executive to gain agreement with the prospect regarding the steps required in the evaluation and take lead on the technical aspects of these steps including:
- Response to RFI, RFP.
- Preparation and execution of demonstrations of the technology both in person and remote to prove out the statement of value and differentiators against other options on the market.
- Work with the marketing team to maintain a strong database of competitive information
- Develop and maintain relationships and ‘trusted advisor’ status with key technical resources on the prospect team
- Maintain a high level of organization leveraging standard toolset (Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Office)
- Coordinate technical and other resources as appropriate to nurture deal through sales process and assist in Quote, Proposal, RFP response and other documentation requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge/experience with Microsoft CRM, Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook, experience with LinkedIn.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- An effective listener.
- Ability to speak with technical resources (client and internal) and develop relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously – excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Sandler, SPIN, Solution or similar selling disciplines a plus.
Degrees, Certificates and Experience:
- Background in software or technology industry.
- Strong understanding of Financial processes, accounting, billing, revenue recognition
- Excellence and professionalism in all communications with clients and prospects
- Direct sales engineering experience.
- Sales Training a plus.
- College degree.
SOFTRAX, as a division of AFS Technologies, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual preference, gender orientation, genetic information, or disability. SOFTRAX conducts a pre-employment background check and complies with all Federal and State regulations, including E-Verify.