SR. Technical Service Analyst – Montreal, Canada
AFS Technologies (AFS) the global provider of software and services purpose-built for consumer goods (CG) companies. We are committed to efficiencies in trade spend, retail execution and supply chain. With 30 years of experience, AFS serves more than 1,300 customers of all sizes, in more than 50 countries, with innovative and configurable solutions that are proven to optimize your potential with automated processes, improved productivity and rapid time to value.
AFS is looking for a Senior Technical Services Analyst. This position will primarily be accountable for creating and maintaining integrations/interfaces between our Trade Promotion Management Application (AFS TPM Retail) and a variety of third party vendor’s ERP systems. This position is also accountable for troubleshooting technical issues with our integrations and applications that we may encounter or that may be reported by our clients.
You will be a primary technical resource in the AFS TPM Retail integration process. You will work directly with project managers and clients to create the integrations/interfaces for the various types of data that must flow into and out of the AFS TPM Retail application. In this capacity, you will also be working with our application developers, our IT staff, and other areas of the company.
You will also be asked to perform thorough testing whenever a new version of our AFS TPM Retail application or a new version of our integration tool Gateway is released. That testing is critical to ensure that all existing client integrations/interfaces continue to function correctly and uninterrupted when new versions are deployed.
You will also be responsible to perform work related to statements of work (SOWs) requiring technical services knowledge and skills to complete.
This position also requires working with our Support Team and understanding in the triage process for incoming support tickets, acting as a level 2 resource and as part of a rotation process for Customers after hours. Intermediate CPG/TPM industry knowledge would be beneficial to understand terminology and significance of problems. This position is also required to provide on call support and backup assistance for the 24/7 Support rotation responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical and Customer Service
- Participate as a lead technical resource on AFS TPM Retail integration projects.
- Perform thorough testing of integrations/interfaces with new application releases.
- Perform work related to technical services statements of work (SOWs)
- Provide accurate effort estimates for technical services issues and projects
- Provide high quality customer services and deliverables
- Identify any billable opportunities and present them to your Manager
- Deliver support that is prompt and professional and that the root cause of any problem is found and fixed correctly
- Understand in detail AFS TPM Retail CRM/ticketing solution (AutoTask) – this is used for all Customer Support activities
- Respond to first line support issues via our ticketing system, phone or email
- Handle customer complaints and problems. Ensure that the customer is satisfied by clearly communicating expectations and resolutions.
- Follow escalation procedures within the department and within company standards
- Enter problems, resolutions and capture knowledge into the Solutions knowledge base
- Provide product consulting as required, transfer of knowledge to client team
- Prompt, professional response to the Customer at all times
- Customer follow up so that there is never a question of the status of the call
- Work with our Support Team as a level 2 support resource and as part of our support rotation.
Tool Suite, Software & Hardware
- Knowledge of the various tools / languages we utilize at AFS – Java, C#, .NET, SQL, Oracle
- Train on all AFS TPM Retail Applications – understand the processes and how they work.
- Train on AFS integration tools (Gateway)
- Knowledge of the various customer applications
- Employ good technical practices, including root cause analysis and methodical issue investigation
Degrees, Certificates and Experience:
- Preferred BA/BS or College Equivalent in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to change, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason. This job description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
AFS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or disability.